The Best Way For Me To Turn 30

October 16, 2013
I am so lucky to have been able to celebrate my 30th birthday in a beautiful place such as Hawaii. We took a tour up to the North Shore of Oahu with a group called Epic Hawaii to swim in Waimea Falls and hike through the beautiful valley that is filled with lots of tropical flowers and trees. We then walked to Waimea Bay and swam in the ocean. It was an amazing time, and after swimming in the fantastic waves at Waimea, we were a little sad to have to go back to Waikiki.



Elliott, our tour guide from Epic Hawaii, then picked us up and took us to look at the sea turtles that were hiding amongst the waves and munching on the deliciousness on the coral that encroaches on the beach -- I circled one that I managed to snap a photo of as a wave came in. Both us and the other couple that went on the tour decided to stop at the Waialua Bakery instead of the Hawaiian Shaved Ice shop or the shrimp trucks, and we were not disappointed. The bakery is family owned and operated and uses ingredients that they grow on their farm, and the cookies are only $1 -- now that's my kind of shop!

After such a busy day, my husband and I had a nap and then began our journey to find a special place to eat my birthday dinner. We ended up at the restaurant called House Without A Key where I ate a delicious steak dinner while listening to beautiful Hawaiian music. I was very excited to be at that restaurant because the entire time we were in Hawaii we would open up our patio door to listen to the sounds of the ocean as well as some music that wafted up from one of the hotels across from ours. I was so happy to find out that I was actually eating in the restaurant where the music originated from. It just felt so right, and it was the best way for me to turn 30.



1 comment

  1. I'm catching up on your news after my busy month! Wow! What a way to turn 30 !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.