How Does Your Garden Grow?

July 31, 2013
When I was a young girl, I had a patch of vegetables that I tended to in my Mother's garden. It always did very well, but through the years I lost interest in it. It wasn't until I had a home of my own that I very badly wanted a garden. It has been eight years, but this year I finally got my husband to help me dig up some of the yard in order to plant a little garden.


It is only 5'x7', but it is big enough to plant a couple of rows of carrots and leaf lettuce, as well as some peas, cucumbers, and green onions. I wanted to plant some potatoes, but that never happened. Next year I will plant some potatoes, and maybe not as much lettuce -- there's just sooo much lettuce.



I have really enjoyed tending to my garden, picking weeds, watering it, and, most recently, reaping the benefits of my pea plants. The little boy loves eating peas out of the pod, just like his mama :)



No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.