Floral Arrangement DIY: A Mother's Day Project

May 10, 2013
Just in case you didn't already know, Mother's Day is this coming Sunday. This year I decided to make my own Mom a gift, as well as my Mother-in-Law, and I thought I'd share with you exactly what it is at the risk that one of these fantastic women might see it.

What I used:

A Glass Vase
Wet Floral Foam - cut to size and soak
Flowers



It seems simple enough, right?

Wrong, but here are some tips to get you through it:

Tip 1: Pay attention to your floral composition. I recommend starting with the largest flower and then adding all of the other flowers around it, going back and forth between small and large flowers.

Tip 2: Sit down while doing it so that you can see your composition from the sides and the top. I didn't pay too much attention to the side for the first one I made when I started it. I also placed the sponge on a plate so I could rotate it.

Tip 3: Know how big the mouth of the vase is and if your arrangement will fit through it when you're done, or if you're going to have to shove it all in...like I did.

Tip 4: Have fun! I loved making these floral arrangements for our Mothers, and, while I know that I will never be a florist any time soon, I know that practice makes perfect and they're going to love them.


Happy Mother's Day!



2 comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.