Pumpkins: A Halloween Tradition

October 29, 2012

Yesterday, while my husband was at work, I carved our Halloween pumpkin -- the smell makes him gag. I love carving pumpkins. While I was growing up, my family didn't do much for Halloween except carve pumpkins into delightful Jack-o-Lanterns. It is a tradition that I wanted to continue after no longer being allowed to go Trick-or-Treating, and it is a tradition that I hope to do with my son in the next couple of years. Maybe he will be willing to help me gut the pumpkin next year.




In the meantime, I continue to enjoy carving out sweet little faces that remind me of my little boy. Last year, I carved an adorable little pumpkin that had a toothless grin, and this year I decided to continue the tradition -- again with the traditions -- by giving him a cute little smile with two little Chiclet teeth, and small a button nose.



Do you have any special Halloween traditions that you like to do with your family?





No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.