4 Simple Goals (Before 2013)

October 03, 2012
I liked the idea of 4 Simple Goals (before 2013) that Elsie from A Beautiful Mess came up with, but coming up with four simple goals has proven to be a lot harder than I thought. As I am slowly inching closer to the age of 30, I have started thinking more about the goals that I want to set for the next decade of my life. I'm not one of those bucket list kind of people, but everyone must have dreams that they set for themselves and try their darndest to attain.

Setting four simple goals for yourself to do before the end of the year is really more like sitting down and saying, "Okay, here's what I'd like to do before this year is up. I've wanted to do these things for a while now, and I'm going to sit myself down and get them done!"

Here are my four simple goals:



1. Make a master bedroom I will be happy to sleep in: I have been wanting to decorate my master bedroom for a long time, and I just haven't done it. I have so many ideas and they keep getting pushed to the back of the line. Not anymore! I'm hoping that this goal will help me to enjoy my bedroom and be able to relax and have an excellent sleep -- child willing.

2. Create a new painting: It has been a long time since I have sat down with a canvas and actually painted whatever came to mind. First, I do a lot of drawing right now with the shop, and second, I don't really have and ideas floating around for a painting. By setting this goal, I want to make my self sit down in front of a canvas and make myself paint whatever is on my mind that day. I'm not going to wait for a big idea.

3.Say at least one positive thing to someone everyday: You and I both know that I'm not the best at giving people compliments when they first pop into my head, and then the moment is gone and the comment is no longer relevant -- or just feels downright awkward. My goal is to stop and actually say the comment when I should.

4. Cook something new: I am an incredibly picky eater -- and so is my husband. I would like to expand my pallet and try something new -- food-wise. I hope that this goal will teach me that it's okay to try new foods, and to be brave.



Now it's your turn!

1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish. 

2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. For example, instead of "lose 10 pounds," choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day." Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result! 

3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences. 

4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward -- it's up to you. 

5. Blog about your goals -- each one as you achieve it, and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! I'll be doing this too! Link back to Elsie's post if you want to, and leave links to your goal blogs in the comments of that (or any) post for a chance to be featured on A Beautiful Mess before the new year. They will be sharing some of their favorite reader goals with links to your blogs!



p.s. My birthday is next week, and I'm celebrating with a Birthday Scavenger Hunt over on my Facebook Page. Everyday, for five days, I'm revealing an item for you to find and take a photo of to post on my page. Check it out :)



No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.