Packages Tied Up With String

September 19, 2012

I hadn't really thought a lot about the packaging that I use for the items in my shop, until this little gem from the Etsy newsletter popped up in my inbox. It really got me thinking about the way that I package my items, and made me want to be as unique as the shops that were featured in the article. I wanted to step it up to the next level!

I like to protect my items in transparent bags -- just in case the envelope that they are traveling in gets wet -- but there had to be some other ways of packaging my cards and art prints than with just a ribbon and a card that I printed off on some card stock.

So I would like to reveal these guys to you...


The new packaging for my cards.


The new packaging for my little art prints.

I know what you're thinking, "Oh, another person that uses baker's twine in their packaging," but I've always liked the look of baker's twine from any of the shops that I have ordered from. I think it adds a touch of whimsy.

Right now, I am writing out my shop name on every piece of paper that is wrapped around the cards and art prints, but I would eventually like to get a stamp of my shop address. I'd also like to eventually get a stamp of my little dog logo instead of using the bird stamp, but that's what I will use for now because I really don't want to draw the dog out every single time :)

The personal little notes that I write to every customer, as well as my business card, are now tucked inside the package -- I used to write a note on the back of the big business card that I would attach to the package with a ribbon.

I was so excited when I came up with this new idea, I hope you like them as much as I do!




2 comments

  1. I think it really looks great! I had a rubber stamp made up with my shop's name on it - not expensive at all and really handy as I can stamp it on my boxes and on my mailing labels AND on the top of my little note-lets that I put in each package. And you could get one made of your handwriting because it looks really neat and has that 'handmade' feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cari-Jane! I've been looking at rubber stamps for a while now -- just need to save up some money. I like the idea of putting it on the mailing package, and the notes to your customers. Such a useful item!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.