Weight Update: A Before & After

June 09, 2012
During pregnancy, I gained almost 50lbs -- that included the water and my little baby. After giving birth, I lost almost 15lbs immediately, and then I hovered around 160lbs for quite a while until the effects of breastfeeding finally kicked in. When I finished breastfeeding, I weighed 150lbs without any exercise or attention to what I was eating.

Before: I weighed 160lbs & After: I now weigh 140lbs


Three weeks ago, I began my journey of weight loss, and I am proud to say that after weighing myself today -- I only weigh myself once a week -- I am now 140lbs! It is so very exciting to me to be able to start wearing some of the clothes that I haven't worn in almost two years -- especially the summer dresses.

"How did I lose so much weight in such a short amount of time?" you ask?

While a lot of people would say that that is a lot of weight to lose in such a small period of time, I must tell you that I was drinking a can of coke a day along with either a big bowl of ice cream or salt n' vinegar chips. And while I haven't cut them out completely -- because I still like to pour myself a small glass of Coke or eat a small scoop of ice cream at least once a week -- I am not getting as many empty calories as I once was, and my body has reacted to that.

This past week, I lost one pound, and that is what I think is going to continue to happen throughout the rest of my journey. The first two weeks were a big shock to my system, and I remember my doctor once telling me that if I were to cut out Coke from my diet, I would lose 5lbs instantly.

I know that there will be good weeks and bad weeks. Weeks where I get lots of exercise and really watch what I eat, and weeks where I'm not as active and maybe don't lose as much as I would have wished -- I must say that I had to psych myself up about losing one pound:

"Good grief, LC, it's one pound! Let's keep on keepin' on!"




4 comments

  1. Congratulations dear you look great, keep it up!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome!! You are amazing for working at it and for sharing, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the positivity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and good luck on your journey! Thanks for linking up with Life Lately!!

    Hayley
    The Weekend File

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.